• You are here: Home
  • BGU News
  • BGU Academic Wins Prestigious Holland Fellowship

BGU Academic Wins Prestigious Holland Fellowship

Jack Cunningham (1 of 1) (002)-1Bishop Grosseteste University (BGU) is delighted to announce that Dr Jack Cunningham, Reader in Ecclesiastical History at BGU, has won a prestigious Holland Fellowship.

The Fellowship, awarded by the Durham Residential Research Library, aims to enable and foster research across the three historic collections of Durham – those held by Durham Cathedral, Ushaw College and Durham University, including Palace Green Library and the Oriental Museum.

As part of his application Dr Cunningham was required to demonstrate a serious research interest focused on the primary source material within the collections held at Durham.

The Holland Fellowship will allow Dr Cunningham to spend one month as a residential research scholar at Durham University utilising repositories for Church History that date back to the time of the Lindisfarne Gospels and St Bede.

However, as Dr Cunningham highlights, the Fellowship provides more than a opportunity for personal research:

“This Fellowship represents an outstanding opportunity for me to work in some of the finest libraries in the country. I am extremely grateful to be afforded such a tremendous opportunity and I look forward to building my research back into my work at BGU.”

Dr Cunningham will begin his research in June 2019. You can find out more information about our Research activities as well as our Theology courses by visiting our website or by contacting our Enquiries Team.

Filed Under: research